What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Apps and favorites

Votes:

When using an App for IOS or Android, will the favorites be stored on the phone/pad or on the server side? We have a situation where we will have many devices and set of service people who need to attende their devices. I was hoping each one of them could have their own app to control their favorites.

We dont want to do this on the server side as we would like each individual service man to set up his own favorited stored on the phone.

Can we do this? If so we'll get a bigger license;-)

apps favorites personalization

Created on Nov 27, 2013 3:49:48 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Unfortunately, at the moment, that isn't possible. All favorites are stored on the server side, and favorites are per-server, not per-user.

However, we're working on a solution - either by saving "favorites" on the device itself (with the major downside that changing devices results in those favorites going away), or by changing the favorite system on the server side so that each user account has their own favorites. I'll update this KB article when there's a more concrete plan in place, so please be patient :-)

Created on Nov 29, 2013 3:10:39 PM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Votes:

Thank you for the update. I think it's okay to loose the favorites from your device. (If you have no backup). The big benfit is that the phone owner can set up his own favorites without interfering with other users on the same account AND we avoid having to add a lot of extra users just to handle favorites.

So my suggestion is to keep it on the phone.

Created on Nov 29, 2013 4:56:43 PM

Votes:

There are good points to be made for both approaches, for sure. We just need to figure out the best way to do it, as I can imagine that it would be rather confusing for some people to have two different types of favorites (it's already caused some confusion that mobile users have two different types of notifications!). Possibly we'll do both, though, it's too early to say.

Created on Dec 2, 2013 6:59:38 AM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.