What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Paessler Mib Splitter tool

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

I have a MIB file provided to me by Aruba WiFi manufacter.

It is 900kb and has many DEFINITIONS, so Mib Importer does not allow me to compile it, unless I use MIB splitter tool, however, I had no luck finding it. Does this Paessler MIB splitter tool exist? There was a topic here explaining how to use csplit, however, I was not able to make it work...

Thank you.

mib-importer mib-splitter snmp

Created on Nov 27, 2013 4:32:06 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The MIB Splitter is part of the Paessler MIB Importer V3 package. After you have extracted the MIB Importer zip-file, you can find the tool in the MIB Importer V3 installation folder: MIBSplitter.exe

Open the MIB splitter, choose the MIB file to split (click on the button with the three dots and browse to the desired file), and click on the Split it! button (only available if there are more than one modules in the MIB file).

Created on May 28, 2014 12:53:25 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Please post here what command you tried using or send us the file and we can take a look at splitting it. You can send it to [email protected] and refer to this article.

Created on Nov 27, 2013 11:19:48 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 28, 2014 12:53:50 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Greg, thank you, I managed to copy paste it to new document, so no problem with that. Thank you very much!!

Created on Nov 28, 2013 1:25:08 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The MIB Splitter is part of the Paessler MIB Importer V3 package. After you have extracted the MIB Importer zip-file, you can find the tool in the MIB Importer V3 installation folder: MIBSplitter.exe

Open the MIB splitter, choose the MIB file to split (click on the button with the three dots and browse to the desired file), and click on the Split it! button (only available if there are more than one modules in the MIB file).

Created on May 28, 2014 12:53:25 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I am unable to locate the mibsplitter.exe in the PaesslerMIBImporterV3.5.8 - can you advise please?

Created on Mar 31, 2022 12:41:36 PM

Votes:

Hello,
If you install the MiB Importer you should find the MIBSpliter.exe in the installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Paessler MIB Importer V3). In addition to that you could search for "splitter" in the windows searchbar.

Created on Apr 1, 2022 11:20:07 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.