What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add multiple channels to the same CPU OID sensor

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

I was checking in the sensor options and PRTG manual regarding how to add multiple channels to the same sensor, however, as I understand only certain sensors allow additional channels.

I use a compiled oidlib to query 5sec, 1min and 15min CPU usage. I would like to create a sensor and include channels that would show the average, minimum and maximum values in the same sensor, so they all appear in the sensor graph, so I can see average, minumum and maximum CPU utilization histoy.

It is something similar to the Cisco command "show processes cpu history"

I tried to make a personalized SNMP sensor with OID chains, thinking I can add different OIDs to the same sensor and then edit them one by one within the same sensor, choosing particular values for each channel, but maybe I am wrong... I was not able to achieve this yet.. Thanks a lot!!

channel cpu-load sensor-data snmp-sensor

Created on Nov 29, 2013 7:19:43 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
SNMP Library sensors cannot be used to show more channels. You might create three sensors for the different load values and then summarize them using the Sensor Factory Sensor.
This would be the only way to achieve what you want to do.
Best regards

Created on Dec 2, 2013 1:16:02 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Great, thanks Konstantin!

Created on Dec 5, 2013 7:09:47 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.