What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Running out of drive space

Votes:

I have a cluster server that is set to use the D drive for storage. As best as I can tell it is, as the PRTG folder has over 7 GB of data in it now.

However I'm starting to run out of space on the C drive. The only thing the server runs is PRTG. It is 40GB in size and when I first installed PRTG less then a month ago I had 30GB free. It looks like I'm loosing about a gig a day, everyday. However I can't find where the files are. I have asked to show all all files including system and hidden ones. When I select all folders and get a file size I'm told there is only 12 GB of data on the drive.

The way the data size is growing and the fact only PRTG is running, I have to assume that this is caused by PRTG. Do you have any thoughts on what might cause this?

Thanks

cluster drive-space hidden

Created on Dec 5, 2013 3:50:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post.It may be that PRTGs HTTP Full Page Sensors cause this disk usage. Do you run any HTTP Full Page Sensors?

Can you please use (for example) WinDirStat to analyse what exactly is "eating up" the disk space?

best regards.

Created on Dec 6, 2013 10:30:42 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.