What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wishlist - Notification Group

Votes:

I would really like to see an option to create a notification group, or be able to set a schedule for each action within a notification, and also allow multiple types within a notification.

Here is the use case. I would like to create a single notification for let's say the Network Team. In this case, if the NOC is staffed they just want an email to the group, but if it is out of normal hours they also want a txt message to be sent.

Currently this can be done, but it needs to be done with multiple notifications. Then each notification needs to be added to every trigger. Now add on a early shift and late shift for server staff.

This could mean 3-4 notifications per trigger. This can start getting hard to track, and maintain.

It would be helpful to allow this within a notification or allow for a group.

Thanks

group multi-schedule notifications wishlist

Created on Dec 5, 2013 9:11:37 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

we will certainly add this to our wish list and discuss about it, but I can make no promises.

Created on Dec 6, 2013 12:17:16 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.