What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Could not find any IBM System Health metrics on this device. (code: PE194)

Votes:

I am hitting this same error and have tried all the suggestions on this post. https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/59410-my-snmp-ibm-system-x-system-health-sensors-don-t-work-what-can-i-do

It worked for a while and then stopped and started returning this error. There seems to be no obvious configuration issue.

Other SNMP sensors works just fine. Only the System X sensors fail.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps?

ibm prtg snmp

Created on Dec 7, 2013 4:10:21 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

What precise error message does the sensor show, please?

Created on Dec 9, 2013 10:49:34 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

The error message is the title of the original post. -->Could not find any IBM System Health metrics on this device. (code: PE194)

Created on Dec 10, 2013 10:07:25 PM

Votes:

Hi,
could you please download the SNMP Tester and perform a walk over the OID 1.3.6.1 against the target device. Could you furthermore send the results to [email protected]. In the email, please refer to this article.
Best regards

Created on Dec 11, 2013 10:24:40 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Looks like this problem might be in the IBM platform agent. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IC77921

Created on Dec 13, 2013 8:12:38 PM

Votes:

In this case there is not much we can do about, I'm afraid.
Best regards

Created on Dec 16, 2013 8:47:01 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.