What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring HP Proliant / Integrated Management Log (IML)

Votes:

Hi everybody,

Is there any possibility to monitor the Integrated Management Log (IML) of my HP Proliant-Server ? (Even if its turned of).

Normally i can access this log anytime direct via ILO Access (Seperat IP-Adress). I tried to add the ILO-Adapters IP as a device - neither the SNMP HP Proliant System state nor the SNMP System state works on this.

Is there any other solution ?

Thanks in advance,

hp ilo iml proliant

Created on Dec 13, 2013 8:48:06 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

There is a huge difference between versions, so we need to ask which version of HP iLO do you use?

Created on Dec 16, 2013 3:45:02 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

I use ILO V2

Created on Dec 16, 2013 3:47:07 PM

Votes:

With iLO3 or lower the interface just works as a "proxy" that forwards the requests to the operating system and returns the operating systems response. In this case, we recommend to update the HP Insight Manager that is installed on the server. If this doesn't work, you might need to use the drivers that are recommended by HP.

Created on Dec 17, 2013 11:56:57 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

With the latest stable version (14.4.12) the SNMP HP Proliant System Health Sensors channel "overall state" has got a longer list of dependencies including the IML status. The Channel will go into "failure" state if there is a error message in the IML.

Created on Nov 21, 2014 2:45:17 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.