What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Interfaces of fortigate

Votes:

Hello Torsten,

I'm sew with PRTG, i just discover it looking for a monitoring software. I'm trying to monitor several fortigate firewalls, but i'm not able to discover the interfaces.

How cna i do it?

Thanks in advance!!!

fortigate interfaces snmp

Created on Dec 17, 2013 10:03:20 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

If SNMP is enabled in the device, you should be able to create the SNMP Traffic sensor on the device to read the bandwidth for the interfaces. If this is not working, you can try running the SNMP tester against the device and scan the interfaces. If this does not work, then you will need to check the configuration of the device to see why those interface OID's do not work.

Along with the interface check, you can check to see if SNMP is working by running a device uptime scan since this should work with every device as long as SNMP is up and running.

SNMP Tester

Created on Dec 18, 2013 9:22:13 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Greg! i already did this. it works like a charm. Can you help me with another snmp issue? I want to get the cpu levels. how can i do this?? i use the snmp cpu monitor but i get no response.

Created on Dec 18, 2013 9:23:55 AM

Votes:

You may need to use a custom OID for the device's CPU usage in which case, your best bet would be to import the MIB for the device into PRTG and then create a custom SNMP Library sensor to monitor the CPU usage.

SNMP Library sensor

MIB Importer

Created on Dec 18, 2013 11:42:53 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.