What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to have local pictures in notifications?

Votes:

Can I modufy e-mail notifications so all images are embedded? Now all the small icons are pulled from Paessler website which first of all needs internet connection and also is a security problem for us.

email images notifications

Created on Dec 17, 2013 4:38:16 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

At the moment, there is no way for PRTG to embed images into the notifications. I will ask about this at the next developer meeting and see if this may be possible though.

Created on Dec 18, 2013 1:10:53 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for info - this is in fact a big poblem as every time you view notifications you need access to paessler website - moreover of course this is by default blocked by most e-mail clients. Another option might be that all these tiny pictures are hosted by the prtg server itself within a domain (=trusted). Please let us know if there is a chance this gets implemented either way...

Created on Dec 18, 2013 1:24:34 PM

Votes:

I have made a developer ticket for this and will post the results once I have them.

Created on Dec 19, 2013 1:36:29 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We went back and forth on this issue and it seems that the decision has been made to leave the system the way that it is. Sorry for any issues this may cause.

Created on Jan 14, 2014 12:48:33 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.