What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Better reports. SLA. Update per Device etc.

Votes:

I have purchased multiple enterprise licenses for my clients. PRTG is just a good tool we recommended.

But why after so many years the reporting functions still s*ck? Here we have 2000 sensors and only 200 devices. I dont think any one is more interested in report per sensor than report per device.

If I can generate reports per device, I can show SLA uptimes. Now in reality nobody and especially no executive will be interested in sensors reports, but they do if you tell them the webservers have a ??% uptime over x time period.

Its end of the year, so many companies like us need present some reports about 2013. Well PRTG fail miserably in this regard, while it should have all the data to do so.

prtg report sensors

Created on Dec 18, 2013 11:18:47 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

The issue with this is explained in the article here.

This is something that we do not want to include in the PRTG reporting engine due to the fact that it would not yield realistic results. Based on the information from sensors i.e. ping uptime and the human factor of knowing if the Ping sensor uptime is valid for a device, you can create these same reports but without that human factor, these reports would just not be reliable.

Created on Dec 18, 2013 12:54:06 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.