What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring box.com free space

Votes:

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to monitor the free space of a service such as box.com.

I can mount a drive via webdav to box.com but not sure how/if this can be approached with PRTG reliably.

Thanks

John

free-space monitor webdav

Created on Dec 19, 2013 4:13:12 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
there are no native sensors in PRTG for box.com. Sorry.
However, as they are providing an extensive API and documentation you might write an own script which monitors the free space and run the same using the EXE/Script or EXE/Script Advanced Sensor of PRTG.
Best regards

Created on Dec 20, 2013 7:36:48 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, I will look at the Box API to do this.

Created on Dec 20, 2013 8:49:12 AM

Votes:

A sensor for Box.com will be added to the "Cloud Sensor" range at PRTGToolsFamily.com

The "Cloud Sensor" range consists in sensors for DropBox, SkyDrive and GoogleDrive. The Box.com sensor is currently in beta test and will be public available beginning 2014.

Please watch any announcements at https://www.facebook.com/PRTGToolsFamily

Cloud Sensors

Created on Dec 30, 2013 3:38:39 PM

Votes:

This would be perfect. Is it too late to join the beta? I have several cloud services to monitor.

Created on Jan 3, 2014 8:43:43 AM

Votes:

The Box sensor is now available for download at http://www.prtgtoolsfamily.com/?page=downloads_sensorsxml.

You will need the SDBToken.exe tool to generate an access token for the sensor.

Created on Jan 6, 2014 7:18:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.