What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I get a phone call when Sensors are DOWN?

Votes:

is it possible to get a phone call when Sensors go down?

notifications sms sms-notification

Created on Dec 20, 2013 9:30:32 AM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I've made the following textmagic tool, since no other options were available:

https://github.com/nicknomo/Python-TextMagic-PRTG-Phone-Notification

The super_HA version is what I'm currently using/testing . It allows for a backup connection, and accounts for local DNS failures. You can even hardcode the IP addresses of textmagic in case all DNS fails.

If anyone has any feedback, please raise an issue on the github page! Thanks

Created on Aug 23, 2017 2:54:52 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Yes this is possible. Setup a SMS Notification and enter as Recipient Number your land-line phone number. The SMS to Speech Service (if available) will then read the SMS message to you.

Created on Dec 20, 2013 9:35:40 AM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Last change on Dec 20, 2013 9:38:43 AM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Votes:

Can you give brief description regarding the SMS alert and gmail alert how to do the configuration regarding this.

Created on Feb 6, 2014 2:06:30 PM

Votes:

Please follow the Manual - Notifications and maybe also Video Tutorials.

Created on Feb 7, 2014 12:14:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I've made the following textmagic tool, since no other options were available:

https://github.com/nicknomo/Python-TextMagic-PRTG-Phone-Notification

The super_HA version is what I'm currently using/testing . It allows for a backup connection, and accounts for local DNS failures. You can even hardcode the IP addresses of textmagic in case all DNS fails.

If anyone has any feedback, please raise an issue on the github page! Thanks

Created on Aug 23, 2017 2:54:52 PM

Votes:

Hello!

Is their any step by step guide for setting Phone alerts from PRTG? I'm not good in programming, all that i can understand i need some solution in-between PRTG and end user.

Created on Dec 24, 2019 11:41:15 AM

Votes:

Vasilliy,

I would check out iLert.

Being on-call with PRTG and iLert

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 24, 2019 8:00:31 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.