What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

List index out of bounds (WBEM)

Votes:

Hello, w I'm trying to add a sensor [ VMware Host Hardware (WBEM) ] on my ESXi5.1, and I have the error : "list index out of bounds (0)" .

What can I do to solve this ?

I tried the sensor on another ESXi and it works on the other .. configuration are the same.

Thanks

esxi-5 index-out-of-bounds vmwaresensor

Created on Dec 26, 2013 10:20:16 AM

13 Replies

Votes:

Which version of the software are you using? Have you tried restarting the management services on the VMware server to see if that solves the issue?

Created on Dec 26, 2013 2:52:16 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm using PRTG Network Monitor 13.4.7.3706

I restarted management services 3 times to be sure and The same error...

Created on Dec 26, 2013 2:54:57 PM

Votes:

Would it be possible to reboot the server completely?

Created on Dec 26, 2013 2:57:58 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think we did it already but let's try again...

Created on Dec 26, 2013 2:59:07 PM

Votes:

Again the same error after a restart

Created on Dec 26, 2013 3:12:23 PM

Votes:

hello,

are you trying to monitor the host through a vCenter server or are you adding the sensors to the ESX host directly?

please try restarting the CIM service on the ESX host.

Created on Dec 26, 2013 6:21:23 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm working on the ESX host.

CIM service restarted and still the same error. I'm going to reinstall ESXi on the server (that's a server made for tests)...

Maybe something wrong with esxi, because I don't have all the watchdog in the vsphere client..

Created on Dec 27, 2013 8:27:55 AM

Votes:

OK,

keep us updated.

Created on Dec 27, 2013 9:53:08 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After re installation, everything is the same no more information on ESX and the list index out of bounds(0). Even if I've restarted the agents, the problem is still there..

Any other idea ?

Created on Dec 27, 2013 10:00:53 AM

Votes:

With ESX 5.5 it is working but not on 5.1...

and now I have : "Too many records returned (2). Only one is allowed" for some of my power supplies. What does it mean ?

Created on Dec 27, 2013 12:48:55 PM

Votes:

we need one of the developers to take a look at this, but he will not be available before Jan 3rd. You will receive an answer then.

Created on Dec 27, 2013 1:28:44 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks a lot.

Merry christmas and happy new year.

Created on Dec 27, 2013 1:30:10 PM

Votes:

Hello,

can you please send a screenshot of the Configuration -> Security Profile page so that we can see what services are running on the ESX host?

please send them to [email protected]

Created on Dec 31, 2013 9:11:29 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.