What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to add "WSUS Statistics" Sensor

Votes:

When I try to add this sensor I get the following: Sorry, the scan for available monitoring items has failed! Error Message No Metaresult found

The server running the probe has both the WSUS Admin Console installed, and .Net 4.

Help?

error prtg wsus

Created on Jan 7, 2014 10:57:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

hello,

please try if you can run the sensor in command line

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System\WSUS.exe

what is the result?

Created on Jan 10, 2014 6:19:34 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The WSUS server is actually the same server that PRTG is running on -- Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Here are the results of your query:

E:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System>WSUS.exe -ws=SERVERNAME

Looking for Microsoft.UpdateServices.StringResources.resources, Version=3.1.6001 Looking for Microsoft.UpdateServices.StringResources.resources, Version=3.1.6001 Looking for Microsoft.UpdateServices.AdminDataAccessProxy.XmlSerializers, Version=3.1.6001 <prtg><error>1</error><text>Unable to connect to the remote server</text></prtg>

I tried with the IP address with the same result.

Created on Jan 10, 2014 3:31:58 PM

Votes:

Hello,

can you please double click the .exe and then tell us the version number of the file from the window that will pop up.

If no port number is supplied, the sensor wants to connect to default port number 8530. If you did not change this port number during his WSUS installation, this should be ok.

Created on Jan 16, 2014 8:10:47 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.