What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Configuring a sensor for a Cisco switch

Votes:

Hi, We are evaluating PRTG Monitor at the moment, and I am adding the switches at all of our sites. Is it possible to add a single sensor per switch that shows all of the ports, if they are up/down, speed, duplex and (if possible) connected MAC address?

i know that this information can be obtained, as much of it is displayed on the initial configuration screen when you start the configuration of a sensor using "SNMP Traffic".

Thanks, Tony

sensor snmp switch

Created on Jan 7, 2014 11:43:37 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

hello,

at the moment it is not possible to see all this information in a single sensor, sorry

Created on Jan 8, 2014 1:09:06 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank-you for your response. Ho much of that information can I see on one sensor? If in the setup I can get a table showing the speed, connection status and name of all the ports is it possible just to get that information on one sensor?

Created on Jan 8, 2014 7:34:21 PM

Votes:

as i already replied, it is not possible to create a single sensor that shows the list of all interfaces including connection status and port speed, sorry.

Created on Jan 10, 2014 7:04:45 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.