What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

it's possible create the login read only login with custom "probe" view

Votes:

Hi all this month i will purchase a full license code (PRTG Unlimited); I have need to create more login read only, that can view only a custom remote probe, and not the core server or other info (as probe of different customer). Today i run the PRTG Version : PRTG Network Monitor 13.4.7.3705 x64 but i cannot make it; Can you help me and tell me if this is possible / give me a KB document for do it? Regards and thanks a lot Luca Palazzo

customize licensing need-login

Created on Jan 13, 2014 11:18:22 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Luca,

you can create read-only users and give them Read access rights only for the desired probe.

For this purpose, please follow these steps:

1. Create a new User Group, set Administrative Rights to No, and select the desired options for the other settings, for example, allowed sensor types.
  2. Create New Users. Select Read Only User as Account Type and assign this user to the corresponding user group you have created before.
  3. By default, these users in this user group will have None access rights for no object in the device tree. This means, they can't even view your probes, groups, devices, sensors.
  4. Now, open the Settings tab of the probe these users should be able to view.
  5. In section Access Rights, disable inheritance and choose Read for the desired user group. The users in this group can now view this probe (and only this probe) but without being able to edit anything.

Of course, you can create create as many user groups as you need and create and assign users accordingly.

Please see also PRTG Manual: User Access Rights.

If you need further assistance, please contact us again!

Created on Jan 13, 2014 12:29:14 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.