What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

scheduling a pause for the first of every month

Votes:

I want to disable monitoring while the remote probes are restarting their service on the first of each month. How can I do this?

monthly pause schedule

Created on Jan 16, 2014 4:41:54 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Actually, if a Probe is disconnected (due to a reboot or similar), all sensors will be in the 'Unknown'-state for this short period. Which here will be very similar to being paused.
A schedule is not possible for this, if pausing is necessary though, you can use dependencies, and make all devices / groups of devices dependent on the 'Probe Health'-Sensor of the according Probe.

best regards.

Created on Jan 17, 2014 12:49:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I guess I wasn't clear. I have a remote probe. While the remote probe is restarting it is no longer connected to the main server, and the main server sends an alert. I need to stop that alert when the remote probe is scheduled to restart but I need that alert sent at any other time so we will know that the remote probe is down.

If I set a dependency of the probe health on the sensors I'll lose the alert if the remote probe goes down due to some other reason.

Created on Jan 17, 2014 3:36:19 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid a monthly schedule is not possible in the moment. Maybe it would be acceptable to switch to a weekly restart, as such a schedule is possible.

Created on Jan 17, 2014 4:22:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.