What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Limiting Time Axes to a Fixed Time Period

Votes:

I'm using PRTG 13.4.7.3706 to monitor the PLC of some production equipment. The output is run time and production count. The PLC is setup such that I'm polling different OID's for values for Shift 1, Shift 2, and Shift 3 (via a middleware application with a SNMP Agent), so I have three different sensors per item I'm monitoring.

I would like to limit the time scale on the tables/graphs so it only shows the appropriate Shift 1 time range. Likewise, would like to do the same thing for Shift 2 and Shift 3. Once beyond the specific shift's time range, I don't even need for the sensor to poll the device because the value never changes until that shift runs again.

The ultimate goal would be to only display the 8 hour period of Midnight through 8am for Shift one graphs, 8am through 4pm for Shift 2 and 4pm through Midnight for Shift 3.

Thank you,

-cw

prtg13 snmp timeline-display

Created on Jan 17, 2014 2:33:47 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your support ticket. You could try using Schedules to pause the sensors during the non-shift-hours, but I'm afraid it will not be possible then to fix the graphs, that the last 8 hours stay graphed until the next shift.

best regards.

Created on Jan 17, 2014 3:00:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.