What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Traffic sensor adds interfaces that don´t exist

Votes:

Hello,

I am having some issues with the PRTG snmp traffic sensor, since it is adding interfaces that do not exist http://www.freeimagehosting.net/qjkzh The giga0/3 does not exist in the device but it is showing "connected" in PRTG and even showing some traffic in it. I received many alarms today stating that some interfaces "cannot be reached by SNMP, no response", when I started checking it, I realized that they do not exist in the devices. In a couple of minutes the interfaces turned into a "green" state and continued showing statistics.

Thank you.

interfaces-do-not-exist snmp traffic-sensor

Created on Jan 17, 2014 1:55:52 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Please try performing an SNMP interface scan on the device with the SNMP Tester. Once you have the results, please post them here.

What is likely happening is that the SNMP system is reporting interfaces that may not be present. Also, please post what kind of device this is so we can reference their documentation.

Created on Jan 20, 2014 8:37:55 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.