What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto-Discovery automation for multi-segment network

Votes:

Hey,

Is there a way to create a script that you can insert ( in the script code or with a GUI ) the segment you want to auto-discover and it will create the following: 1. Create a new Group in the PRTG console 2. Discover all the devices to that group 3. Add sensors according to the script

is it possible? i tried looking for something over the web but my results came out with nothing useful

thanks

auto-discovery automation script

Created on Jan 20, 2014 2:08:59 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid we ourselves do not have any guides or examples on scripted adding of devices. Our PRTG Users from Lockstep have written a blog post though, that goes into this direction Automatic Network Device Monitoring With PRTG. I hope this does then help.

best regards.

Created on Jan 20, 2014 4:52:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.