What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Mobil Probe on Raspberry Pi

Votes:

Hello,

I'm wondering if somebody had tested to install Android on a Raspberry Pi and used the new mobile probe functionality with it?

I think this could be a really cool gadget for remote monitoring.

Kind regards Christoph

android mobile-probe prtg raspberry-pi

Created on Jan 21, 2014 1:20:16 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
we are planning to release the mobile probe interface including a detailed documentation and further example apps some time in the next months.
And returning to your question, we have not yet tried installing Android on an Raspberry but are testing other possibilities at the moment. :)
Best regards

Created on Jan 23, 2014 9:33:36 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Just wanted to add that I am also interested in this question...

It would be nice to be able to stage a remote probe on something smaller than a Windows server. Is there anything else supported by PRTG at this time?

Thank you,,

-J

Created on Mar 16, 2014 5:48:15 AM

Votes:

Hi,
at the moment the documentation for the mobile probe interface is not available yet but we will publish the same soon. With this documentation you would be able to create a own probe running on what system you like. For updates, please check the latest release notes and our blog as well.
Best regards

Created on Mar 17, 2014 7:30:32 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.