What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Incorrect percentage in SNMP traffic sensor

Votes:

Hello,

After I edited the SNMP traffic sensor channel (whether it is a traffic sum or IN/OUT) the sensor circle displays some weird very long percentage number, instead of displaying 84%

Can you tell me, why the visualization works like this sometimes?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/h3pmh

PS: I also would like to know, please, if there is a possibility to delete old interface statistics, like everything older than 1 month, so it is not displayed in the channel statistics (the one which displays Now, Mininum and Max values that have been received so far) I believe that this Max value that was received before I changed channel settings from kbit/s to percentage somehow is being reflected in my reports and influences the total statistics

Thank you.

channel-settings display-in-percentage percentage snmp-traffic traffis-sensor

Created on Jan 21, 2014 6:45:42 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

What precise version of PRTG are you currently using? Please try with the latest version and check if this issue persists.

Created on Jan 23, 2014 1:56:15 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hello Patrick,

I was using 13.6.something.. I just updated to the latest 13.7 and seems like the problem disappeared. Thanks a lot!

Created on Jan 23, 2014 8:29:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.