What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

cloned notifications

Votes:

when i clone a sensor for some reason it's cloning the notifications for that sensor. However when you go to the cloned sensor you do not see any notifications.

now i have sensors that are going off even though they have nothing setup to do so... only fix i have seen is to delete and start fresh without a clone...

What is going on?

cloned ftw good-times notifications prtg winning

Created on Jan 22, 2014 12:01:47 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Could you tell me what version of PRTG you are running so I can try and replicate the behavior? Does this happen anytime any sensor is cloned or only a specific type.

Created on Jan 22, 2014 1:50:19 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 13.1.2.1463 x64

its a custom snmp sensor with a gauge value type. nothing special with the sensor. I don't know if it happening to other cloned sensors as this is the only one that has met the criteria of the cloned device to set off a notification. however i have cloned the sensor atleast 15 times and they all do it.

Created on Jan 22, 2014 4:24:53 PM

Votes:

On the original sensor is the trigger there set from inheritance or is it directly on the sensor? Would it be possible to post some screenshots of the notification settings for the cloned sensor and the original sensor?

Also where are you cloning the sensor to, can you try cloning it to another group to see if that changes the behaviour?

Lastly, please try and update to the newest version of the software to make sure that it isn't a bug that has already been fixed.

Created on Jan 23, 2014 3:36:49 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.