What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report including only interfaces that reached 60% utilization?

Votes:

Hello team,

I have a question.

Is there a possibility to create a report to include only the interfaces that reached lets say 60% of its utilization (defined in the channel settings percentage option)

Lets say, I come in the morning and want to quickly generate a report and check in the report if there was any interface in my network that reached 60% of utilization during a weekend, without looking in the alarms section, which will also include such events.

Is it possible? I thought that maybe the percentile function could help here, but it says that it does not apply to reports.

Thanks a lot.

bandwidth-utilization-report report-based-on-channel-settings reports

Created on Jan 24, 2014 8:47:14 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm afraid directly within the normal reports in PRTG this is not possible. There is a work around though, adapting the solution from the following KB article: How can I create a report about the notifications, alarms and downtime of a sensor? This way you could very quickly and easily create a list with all sensors that exceeded the 60% with a Threshold - Trigger on the very 60%.

best regards.

Created on Jan 27, 2014 12:51:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.