What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory integration does not seem to work

Votes:

Hi,

i wanted to create a group that is autmatically filled with ad-users. I created the group, but when i open it, no users are inside.

I checked: - The Server is a 2003 R2 and it is a member of your domain. - under systemmanagement i supplied value "domain.local" to field "domain". - i already tried "use explicit credentials" and used "prtg" which is a domainadministratoraccount - i purged the cache.

Still, there is no user with in my group. The group show "active directory" in the overvie, the ad-groupname is copied from ad. No users... :(

Thanks for help, Hannes

active-directory empty groups

Created on Jan 31, 2014 12:25:28 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Hannes,

The users will not show up in this group until they log into the PRTG installation. Have you tried logging in one of these users to see if they show up in the group afterwards?

Created on Feb 3, 2014 9:23:59 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Greg,

thanks for this info. I haven't tried since it is a colleague in a different timezone. I then used the "create several users" button where i added this user to a group. This seemed to work as he was shown in the group without logging in.

Thanks, Hannes

Created on Feb 4, 2014 8:47:33 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.