What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device template - don´t have any sensors or just a few

Votes:

I have created a device with some sensors. Than I saved it as a template. Now I want to use this template on another device (different customer --> different domain). When I create another device, I choose the saved template. But the only sensor my new device has, is the ping sensor.

Why don´t I get the other sensors? Does the new device have to be in the same domain like the device from which I created the template?

Sometimes I get more sensors, sometimes only ping and sometimes none...

Thanks in advance.

device-template prtg sensors

Created on Feb 4, 2014 10:17:13 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

The problem here most likely is that the other devices are not responding to the metascan for the sensors in the template. When PRTG uses a template, it will do what is called a metascan where it will use the sensor types in the template to scan against the new device and if there is a response from the device, it will create the sensors. If these are not being created, you will need to check that the services being used by the sensors in the template are responding i.e. SNMP, WMI, SSH etc. You can use some of our freeware tools to check if these services are working.

Created on Feb 5, 2014 10:50:06 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.