What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request - Schedule Holidays

Votes:

Hi

At present I have an out of hours schedule setup that excludes Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30.

This obviously doesn't work when a holiday of some sort occurs on one of those days.

I would like the ability to specify specific days where by the default schedule is not applied.

Possibly a a calendar where you effectively say on this day ignore the default schedule

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

feature-request notifications schedules

Created on Feb 4, 2014 12:21:41 PM

15 Replies

Votes:

At this time we do not have any monthly scheduling available but if more people post here we will consider implementing this.

Created on Feb 5, 2014 10:55:04 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

To have a calendar implemented for scheduling would be great.

Christoph

Created on Feb 20, 2014 8:49:44 PM

Votes:

Right. I think that the scheduler should be more customizable.

Thanks

Created on Jan 6, 2015 5:58:48 AM

Votes:

Yes this is of course a must like other do!

Created on Jun 15, 2015 8:28:46 AM

Votes:

Consider your vote counted :)

Created on Jun 15, 2015 8:31:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We found a work around for this when we wanted to have recurring monthly maintenance schedules automated. There is no option for this in PRTG. What we did is using the API created a scheduled task on the PRTG server to run the API call at the beginning of the maintenance time to successfully do this. Hope this helps.

Created on Jul 2, 2015 11:37:57 PM

Votes:

I vote for this too :)

Created on Feb 23, 2016 6:28:03 PM

Votes:

I've got something up in my sleeve but it may take 2-3 weeks until I'm finished, maybe a month. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Created on Feb 24, 2016 7:42:14 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah, a table to add custom insert days for round the year holiday scheduling would be nice, even if it was a text input with a defined date-value structure like Exclude_days 0101, 0221, 0531, 1127, 1225 etc or something similar. A drop down calendar with clicky-gui would be ultimate.

Created on Jul 6, 2016 9:40:37 PM

Votes:

Hi Solly,

The solution I was talking about is still in the making, I got green light for some development time. I hope that I can make it public soon :)

Created on Jul 7, 2016 6:42:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello We are also looking forward to get this feature. What do you think when we can expect a release containing this custom notification Sceduler (Weeks or Months)?

Thanks!

Created on Aug 12, 2016 8:08:46 AM

Votes:

I hope that we can release it within the next two months. Sorry that this takes a bit. 2-3 weeks was quite optimistic, I'm afraid :)

Created on Aug 12, 2016 10:08:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello

Any news with this feature?

Created on Sep 15, 2016 5:58:14 AM

Votes:

The PRTG Scheduler is now available, allowing for custom maintenance windows. Holidays are not supported yet, but are on the agenda. Please check out the project on GitHub:

PRTG Scheduler on Github

Created on Aug 1, 2017 7:47:42 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

im actually developing a tool atm which is in a working state which atuomaticly adjusts the schedule according to an holiday etc. have a look here: https://github.com/mrpowershell/prtg-autoscheduler/

Created on Sep 18, 2020 9:03:58 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.