What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I make visible a channel for which I've deselected the 'show in charts/tables' option?

Votes:

I've probably just not looked hard enough, but I'm unable to find a place to view channel settings for channels for which I've deselected the 'Show in charts/tables' options. Where do i go to select this option again?

channels settings show-in-charts show-in-tables

Created on Feb 6, 2014 11:50:49 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
on the tab Overview of the sensor under Channels you should find a list of all channels (even the ones removed from the view). Click on the little gear symbol and the Channel Settings for this channel will open. There you can switch the channel back to visible.
Best regards

Created on Feb 7, 2014 7:43:27 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Konstantin,

Either I'm missing something or I'm not explaining the problem correctly. Maybe a few details will help.

• I created a custom XML sensor to check the status of multiple services on a machine returning the status of each service in the form of a channel.
  • The list of services is entered as a list of comma separated strings in the sensor parameter list.
  • When a service is no longer in use, that string is removed from the above parameter list, BUT the channel still exists displaying "no data received" as a value.
  • Since we no longer want to see this, I click the gear icon for that channel and deselect BOTH the 'show in charts' and 'show in tables' option. Once i do this it disappears from everywhere including the channel list under the overview tab.

For example, this is a log from the history tab when i deselected the show in tables, show in chart options.

7/02/2014 3:47:05 PM

Ashwin Nair

Subnode Edited. Channel ID:4 show:0 showchart:0 valuelookup:prtg.custom.advanced.servicestate

I can no longer see this channel (id 4) anywhere (including the overview tab) in order to go and reselect the option.

Created on Feb 11, 2014 1:34:38 AM

Votes:

Hi,
may you please send screenshots illustrating the issue to [email protected]? Please refer to this Kb entry when sending the same.
Thanks!

Created on Feb 12, 2014 9:06:46 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.