What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Telephone Alerts

Votes:

Dear Paessler,

We currently have SMS alerts setup for certain critical alarms however we would like to also have PRTG place a call to certain users out of hours as SMS alerts do not always wake people up. Does PRTG support this? We are currently running version 13.3.5.2952.

Many thanks,

Rob Hamilton

alerts call telephone

Created on Feb 10, 2014 1:44:50 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Rob,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid PRTG itself can't "call" to give phone alerts, but there may be a workaround using SMS Notifications: can PRTG read alerts to a landline phone.

best regards

Created on Feb 11, 2014 12:09:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yep, I've forwarded my IP soft phone to my mobile and then sent the SMS to the soft phone. The "call" was forwarded to my mobile which rang and then gave me the option of listening to the text. Many thanks.

Created on Feb 11, 2014 3:40:00 PM

Votes:

Hi

we are using our Cisco telephone system in conjunction with the Cisco Contact Centre to automatically execute telephone calls. Therefore we set up the http-action messaging method to forward the triggers to the Contact Centre.

Kind regards Christoph

Created on Feb 20, 2014 8:36:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.