What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Turn off Ticket Notification Email?

Votes:

I want to turn off the email notification that gets sent whenever a ticket is closed. How can I do that?

Also, is there any way to turn off the ticket system entirely? We use a different ticket system and have no use for the built in one.

email-messages notifications ticket-system

Created on Feb 11, 2014 7:08:51 PM

11 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can disable this email from being sent to users in the user's settings under Tickets as Emails. I'm afraid that there is no way to stop PRTG from creating tickets for system events.

Created on Feb 12, 2014 11:58:24 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That did it, thanks.

Created on Feb 13, 2014 3:16:15 PM

Votes:

Are there plans to allow disabling the ticketing system in a future release?

I understand it's an extra feature that some customers may see use for, but it's not a welcome addition in our environment.

Created on Feb 13, 2014 6:00:05 PM

Votes:

I'll be asking about this in the next development meeting and post the result back here.

Created on Feb 14, 2014 10:17:00 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In order to disable the ticket system, please edit the user group settings. For each user group in PRTG you can define whether it is allowed to use the ticket system or not. Multi-edit can be applied to change this setting for multiple user groups at once.

Created on Mar 4, 2014 1:35:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

How do we disable ticket alerts to the PRTG Administrators group? There is no setting in that group to disable tickets. We do not need, nor do we want this notifications. Currently the only way I can see is to remove all users from that group, although I'm not sure what consequences that would bring.

Created on Apr 2, 2014 2:48:56 PM

Votes:

The behaviour of the ticketing system has been changed in versions 14.1.9.1644/1645 and later, so a software update may resolve this for you.

In versions prior to 14.1.9.1644/1645, the emails about tickets are sent to all users in the PRTG Administrators group. As of 14.1.9.1644/1645, the emails are sent only to the "PRTG System Administrator" USER, rather than to the whole administrator group.

If you don't want to or can't update, you can also disable the email notifications under: - Setup --> System Administration --> User Accounts - choose the user - under "Auto refresh and alerting", change "Tickets as emails" to No.

To save time, you can also turn the emails off for all users in one step using "multi-edit" (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/multi_edit_lists.htm).

Created on Apr 3, 2014 12:04:00 PM by  Kimberley Trommler [Paessler Support] (7) 3

Votes:

Has a way finally been found to disable this report email finished email? I have just been given the task of getting this disabled by my boss ASAP after it started bombarding us with usless emails.

Created on Sep 21, 2017 11:12:56 AM

Votes:

Hello, for those you find the ticket system also useless like me (this is just because I work in enterprise environments only)

you can even exclude the ticket button in the menu pane if you want. so it would not be visible anymore for the users. This in addition with the configuration that no User get Emails about tickets should work fine

best regards Michele

Created on Sep 21, 2017 2:49:08 PM

Votes:

Is there any way to do just the original question: "I want to turn off the email notification that gets sent whenever a ticket is close" ?

I don't want to turn off all ticket emails, just the closed ticket notifications.

Created on Aug 17, 2023 8:39:53 PM

Votes:

Hello,

as of now, no finer grained control is possible. The only option would be to use a filter rule on your mailbox, first checking if it is a PRTG ticket and then checking about content details.

Created on Aug 23, 2023 6:36:02 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.