What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to schedule an SMS notification

Votes:

Hello, We use an SMS notification for some specific alerts. There's only one phone number filled in and when another colleague is taken over somebody's shift we've to change it manually within the notification. Is there a way to automate this in a schedule?

Thanks R.

notifications schedule sms

Created on Feb 19, 2014 9:33:47 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Define notifications for each respective user, then set schedules for thet triggers / notifications in case. Please refer to Scheduling.

Created on Feb 19, 2014 10:00:22 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thanks for replying. However I think I need to rephrase the question a little bit. What we actually do want is some rotation schedule for SMS alerts. And if I've been searching all topics i found out there's none and it's still on the wishlist am i right?

Thanks R.

Created on Feb 19, 2014 1:37:36 PM

Votes:

Could you please explain in some detail what exactly you mean by rotation schedule for SMS alerts? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Created on Feb 19, 2014 2:13:06 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

You can just set multiple trigger notifications on the same sensor and per notification you set a different schedule. But you can't use specific dates, if that is what you need. But that is pretty much what Patrick said. How do you trigger the SMS alerts? I use an HTTP link to send SMS. What you could do is create you're own php (or whatever) script on a webserver and make a rotation schedule within that script.

Created on Feb 19, 2014 4:36:07 PM

Votes:

Thanks for replying. Sorry about the date of my reply but I had troubles with my account. Exactly the case is we'd like to have a rotation schedule with certain date. So we can let the alerts point to the correct engineer each week. This is still not an option within PRTG?

Created on Mar 11, 2014 4:25:31 PM

Votes:

Not currently, I'm afraid. We cannot say with certainty if such an option will be available in the future, but in either case it is not likely to be available in the near future, at least. Sorry.

Created on Mar 13, 2014 2:02:33 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.