What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is the Decimal Point standing for?

Votes:

Hello, and first of all thanks for the help. I am a Newbie for PRTG . My version is PRTG Network Monitor 13.4.6.3375+ and it is a German Installation. Now I do some reports and would like to know for what the Decimalm Points stand for. For example. I have the Network traffic of 2.650 KByte Does it mean two thousand or does it mean just two.

Thanks in advance Bye Marvin

decimal-point reports traffic

Created on Feb 20, 2014 10:30:34 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

This depends on the country / location settings of the computer running PRTG. So, if you have a German Windows, and it is set to use the German nomenclature (where the period is a thousands divisor), the example in case would be 2650 KB.

Created on Feb 20, 2014 1:14:27 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi Patrick, thanks for that quick response. Yes it is a german installation and the settings are also use the german nomenclature. So the decimal point is the separater for thousand.

Thank again

Bye Marvin

Created on Feb 20, 2014 1:19:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.