We have this error several days now and tried all Database entries we could find on this site. The error, or to be more precise, the combination of two errors, are still present. It worked over a year straight and the suddenly went like this. Can someone relate with this error and help us?
WMI: 80041017: The query was not syntactically valid. -- PerfCounter: The specified object is not fo
What sensor is this error coming from? Most likely this is a problem with the WMI system on the target server and the only way to fix it would be to run through the steps in the articles about repairing WMI that are here in the KB:
Greg Campion [Paessler Support]
It is the CPU Load sensor. And only this. All other WMI sensor on that server are running fine.
Have you tried changing the settings in the sensor to use the alternative query?
Yes, it was the first thing I tried. It helped us on another error a few weeks back. But unfortunately not this time.
Have you taken a look at the solution in this article as well? It seems that for some running the command lodctr /r worked. Unfortunately this comes from the target system and there isn't an easy solution for fixing the WMI system.
Ok, I tried this and it still doesn't work. And I just saw that a bit of the Title is missing. So here is the full error message:
|WMI: 80041017: The query was not syntactically valid. -- PerfCounter: The specified object is not found on the system. (Error # 0xC0000BB8)|
Other than the solutions in the articles that we have and the solution you just tried, there isn't much more I can say, this is an issue with the server's WMI system and what you've tried already are the best solutions that we know of.
I got over those Articles again and found a hotfix from microsoft which it seems I have overseen it before. This was the only thing of them all which worked. The article im reffering to is:
For everyone who has the same Problem, here's the link to the hotfix:
I was having exactly the same problem:
|WMI: 80041017: The query was not syntactically valid. -- PerfCounter: The specified object is not found on the system. (Performance Counter error 0xC0000BB8)|
Just running the command lodctr /r worked for us. Thanks to Greg Campion [Paessler Support].
Thank you. The lodctr /r command solved our problem of the same kind as well.