What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable alarms

Votes:

I would like to create a few sensors for a device which isn't always online. When it is offline, i don't want any warnings or alarms. Is there a way to turn these off for a specific device/sensor?

Now i have a ping sensor as master which is set to auto-acknowledge. But in this way, there still appears an alarm. Is there a solution for this?

master ping sensor

Created on Feb 21, 2014 8:46:40 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

You can define schedules, which you can use to pause the sensors when the device(s) in case are offline.

Created on Feb 21, 2014 10:21:39 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Ah, I forgot to say that but it aren't regular times on which the device is online.

To be more specific: We would like to monitor a few workstations (Part of SLA) so we can see things like Windows Update status and disk space. As you can imagine, these are only online when users are working on it which isn't always exactly from 9 tot 5. We would only like to collect this information when it is online and when they are offline, it has to do nothing.

Created on Feb 21, 2014 10:26:50 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid, in that case, the only option would be to pause the objects manually.

Created on Feb 21, 2014 10:34:30 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.