What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Time Limited Report

Votes:

I am running PRTG for Network Monitoring and I have to run some tests on my machine during a certain period of the day. i-e 2pm to 4pm. I want my PRTG to generate reports for those 2 hours only but I'm not being able to do that. I see that there is an option to manually limit the report to only show data for specific hours of the day by using Schedules but that still gives me the report for the entire day with the rest of the 22 hours table entries showing as blanks and the graph area also as blank for those 22 hours. This makes the report huge in size and it takes literally hours to process. What I actually want is having my 40 sensors added to the report (5 for each machine with a total of 8 machines) showing me a report for only those 2 hours of the day. Some quick help would be very helpful since I cannot seem to find a way to do this on my own.

custom-report report-setup reporting

Created on Feb 26, 2014 4:14:23 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post, and for the feedback, we really appreciate it.
Currently the report format can't be changed, with the settings to only show certain hours. The only work-around would be though, to gather the data via the PRTG API (for details please see "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Historic Data") and then produce the "report" externally with third party tools.

best regards.

Created on Feb 26, 2014 3:38:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.