What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG with Mikrotik

Votes:

I have setup sensor monitoring using Netflow 9 on a Mikrotik RB2011

I am finding PRTG sensor in Netflow 9 does not give correct info when using include Interface[interface name] I get limited info and not the data I see using Torch on the mikortik to observe traffic across the relevant interface.

the settings in Mikortik Traffic flow seem correct and the data arrives at the PRTG monitoring server fine. if I use IP[ip subnet with *] then it shows all the correct data for the subnet just fine. this is the data that should be showing in the Interface[] option.

traffic flow settings on the Mikortik are: interface: ether1-gateway, ether2, ether3 enabled active flow timeout =5 mins cache 32K

targets; ip address of monitor server port 1234 vrs 9 template refresh 20 template timeout 1800

PRTG sensor settings (one example) port 1234 ip sending info : blank so I can catch any but I use the Data LAN subnet otherwise ip receiving info: ip of monitoring server include: Interface[ether1-gateway] active flow timeout: 6 mins

interface mikrotik prtg

Created on Feb 26, 2014 6:56:19 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please be aware that the Interface[]-Filter can only use numbers as filter element. No characters or "strings". So for example

interface[5]

will work, but not "interface[e5]".

best regards.

Created on Feb 26, 2014 4:33:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.