What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I want configure snmp sensors on AIX 7.1

Votes:

How I can configure snmp on AIX ? Do i need to use snmp v3 or I can use v2 or v1?

I don't want to use ssh sensors.

I've configured a community in snmpv3.conf, a group and Ip's pemitted but nothing about authentication or cypher as prtg guru configuration ask for.

Have you a note or an article about this??? Thanks

aix sensors snmp

Created on Feb 26, 2014 3:10:54 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

With v1 and v2 you can configure just the community name with v3, you would have to configure a username password and encryption. Unfortunately we do not have an AIX system here and we don't support these systems as a result so you would need to find the resources about setting this up from IBM. Some information I found is in this link. You can also use the SNMP tester to run a walk, an interfaces scan or an uptime scan to see if this is working properly.

Created on Feb 27, 2014 9:31:11 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks.

Created on Feb 27, 2014 11:42:59 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.