What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Support Tab in ver 14

Votes:

I am not able to find the "Feedback" tab on the new version (ver 14). When I refer to the support document,it says it is present in the Footer of all pages or under "System" tab. In ver 12 I was able to open a support ticket directly from the PRTG support. Now I have to do it from the paessler.com page. Can anyone pleae help me out with this?

feedback general version-14

Created on Mar 3, 2014 5:46:27 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

The feedback tab is only available with the commercial version but under Setup there is an option to Contact Support.

Created on Mar 4, 2014 12:56:28 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I cant see "Contact Support" under Setup Tab. I was able to see Feedback tab on the version on 12. After upgrades does the version change by itself?

Created on Mar 7, 2014 9:45:57 AM

Votes:

It may be that the option under System and Website settings for the feedback buttons are set to not show those links. Please check under Setup->System and Website settings to see what the setting is set to under Feedback Links. If it is set to hide then all of the links for contact support will be hidden.

Created on Mar 11, 2014 9:39:31 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The option to hide is completely missing under 14.2.9.2090!

Created on May 16, 2014 3:31:54 PM

Votes:

Please try adding a DWORD

showfeedbacklinks

with the value 0 to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Server\Webserver

This should disable the "Contact Support"-Tab.

Created on May 21, 2014 9:03:04 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This entry allready exists with value 1. I changed it to 0 but this makes no difference.

Created on May 23, 2014 2:38:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.