What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I add a new folder of icons for the map designer to display

Votes:

We have successfully added a set of icons to the \webroot\iconset7 and iconset8 but we would like to have different folder names to reflect the use of the icons on the map interface rather than Icons Set 9 and Icons Set 10 - For example we would like to have folders called Devices Solutions Interfaces and others in the future....

Each of these folders would have a set of appropriate icons for each type rather than all in one folder.

For reference we used the excellent resource at https:
rrze-icon-set.berlios.de for the basis of many of our icons.

maps status-icons subfolders

Created on Mar 7, 2014 3:15:04 PM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear phill_fox,

unfortunately this is not possible at the moment.

I create a wishlist/feature ticket so we can add this in the future.

Regards, Daniel Elsner

Created on Mar 10, 2014 12:12:46 PM by  Daniel Elsner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for the response. If this is going to be a wishlist/feature I would like to make the request slightly more complex.

At present the map icons are limited in what they cover and how they display. Whilst there is the possibility to add icons of your own to iconsset7 and iconset8 (which display as Icons 9 and Icons 10 in the interface). The current configuration restricts you to only adding two sets of icons.

So I think my desire is two-fold.

One to be able to add a range of different icons and have a structure in which to manage the icons - purpose, lifecycle, etc.

Two is to be able to apply different template.htm files to the same icon. As a very radical change could this be via pulldown in the properties element of the sensor?

Thanks again for the prompt reply and please take this as a desire to improve the product.

Regards

Phill

Created on Mar 10, 2014 5:40:13 PM

Votes:

Dear Phill,

we take your feedback seriously and will think about it.

But we can not promise anything.

Regards, Daniel

Created on Mar 11, 2014 10:38:03 AM by  Daniel Elsner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any news about what Phill asked? I'm also interested by that...

Created on Feb 29, 2016 10:13:59 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid that nothing changed on this - still not possible. We have it on the wish list, with no fixed version or date set so far. Please bear with us.

Created on Mar 1, 2016 12:43:48 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 14, 2016 12:11:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.