What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Live Graph cannot be rendered

Votes:

Dear Support,

When I try to render a live sensor graph I get the error message "Error creating chart". https://networkmon.XXXXXX.com/chart.png?type=graph&width=300&height=160&username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&graphid=0&id=0 -> result: error

if I set the graphid to greater than 0 (1-4) PRTG generates the graph correctly. https://networkmon.XXXXXX.com/chart.png?type=graph&width=300&height=160&username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&graphid=1&id=0 -> result: correct graph

PRTG version: 14.1.8.1371

How can I fix the issue with the live graph?

Thank you.

chart-png graph prtg

Created on Mar 10, 2014 8:56:01 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. The graph-IDs are limited, 0 should be the "Live Graph", 1-3 are the "Historic Graphs" (2 days / 30 days / 365 days). Does it help to adjust the 'width' & 'height'-values?
Are the object IDs in your calls examples? If not, you are requesting the graphs for the "Root"-Object, which actually does not have a live graph.

best regards.

Created on Mar 10, 2014 1:24:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the prompt reply.

In the Map Editor window there is a category “Live Graph for Groups/Devices” and it works perfectly: I can select a group or device object and drag the appearing chart to my Map.

If I want to render a live graph of a device using the “chart.png”, however, I get the error message while the graphs on the historical data are available.

Perhaps the system works as designed, but even the “root” object has a working chart in the “Graphs/Live Graphs for Group/Devices” section of the Map Editor that I cannot reproduce with the “chart.png“.

Thank you again and best regards,

Laszlo

Created on Mar 10, 2014 3:06:56 PM

Votes:

The Map Designer uses the Live graphs then of the sensors in the group or device, but not the group or device itself, which is what the above listed HTTP Calls do though.

Created on Mar 10, 2014 3:17:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.