What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How not to raise "report finished" tickets

Votes:

I have scheduled a "top 10 up/down" report each day, which is e-mailed to my personal maolbox. Since updating to 14.1.8.1371, each time this report is run, it also generates a "report finished" ticket, which is sent to all administrators. How do I stop it from raising the ticket? My colleagues are not interested in knowning that my report is finished.

Thanks.

Kevin DORRELL

automate-tickets reports tickets

Created on Mar 12, 2014 8:34:33 AM

13 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. It's not possible to disable the creation of the tickets, but you can disable that emails are sent: how to disable ticket notification by email?

best regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2014 8:48:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you.

Created on Mar 12, 2014 9:02:53 AM

Votes:

If I may ask a question, is disabling the ticket-email-sufficient for you? Or would want to disable the emails for report-tickets, but still want to receive emails from other tickets?

Created on Mar 12, 2014 9:22:37 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 12, 2014 9:48:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi. Thank you for this question.

I would really have preferred to disable it only for the "report finished". I already get an e-mail with the report itself, so getting an e-mail for the related ticket is a bit superfluous. In fact, I seem to get get two extra notifications, one as the instigator of the report, and one as a member of the administrators group, as well as the e-mail of the report itself.

By removing the notification of the ticket, I (and my team) should no longer receive notfications of the ticket. I believe I will still receive the e-mail of the report itself, which is what I want.

However, the downside is that I will no longer receive e-mail notification of tickets for PRTG updates, and those are quite important to me. I will have to check each time I start the client GUI in the morning.

Best regards Kevin Dorrell

Created on Mar 12, 2014 9:58:35 AM

Votes:

Thanks a lot Kevin for the explanation, I'll pass this on to our dev-team for future consideration on the Ticket System!

Created on Mar 12, 2014 10:15:57 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello - I'm running into this issue right now ... I see this was last visited back in March of 2014 ... but am curious as to why it was not fixed? I really do not want to disable tickets for ALL events - just tickets created due to scheduled reports being finished. Can this be implemented soon? I can't seem to find a workaround for this other than disabling ticket emails all together which defeats the purpose of them.

Created on Nov 23, 2016 1:31:08 AM

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your KB-Post. It is not possible to disable the creation of tickets for such events like report generation. It's not planned, as you can see the requests for this were quite low for over 2 years.

Created on Nov 23, 2016 8:20:53 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Add me to the list of people requesting this.

Paessler, what number of people must request this feature before it will be considered?

Created on Jan 3, 2017 4:28:48 AM

Votes:

Hi John,

It's all somehow relative in the end. You could say like 50 people is a lot, then however 50 people let's say over the last two years among several thousands of tickets, well, not so much. Have you considered using a filtering rule in your email client that simply puts those unwanted report notifications away?

See also: How we rate your feature requests

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jan 3, 2017 2:50:13 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is a huge annoyance. I literally registered for the KB forums for this exact issue. I can't "up vote" because I don't have reputation to do so. Please make this priority.

Created on Jan 3, 2017 4:42:52 PM

Votes:

Has a way to finally been remove this report finished email found? I have been asked my boss to get this disable ASAP.

Created on Sep 21, 2017 11:09:51 AM

Votes:

Hello Ron,

I'm afraid at this point there are no plans to change this. I would recommend setting up a filter in the email client.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 22, 2017 5:08:55 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is virtually impossible to request features as they could request but not the volume of people affected by this. In our case, I am the one who is dealing with a "ticketing system" that we do not use but the whole company is affected due to the nature of our business.

Anyway, here is the way I deal with PRTG feature or issue, for now - I write my own plugins and feature. I cannot pulish everything as I decimated actual product code (rather simplistic) in pieces but here is a small script that you could schedule daily that will close tickets for you. Then you set up closed ticket retention to 1 day.

Here is a link: https://rg75.blogspot.com/2019/11/powershell-script-to-close-all-open.html

Created on Nov 15, 2019 3:30:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.