What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe health graph is empty

Votes:

I accidentally set the server date wrong into the future. Ever since then, the probe health graph is empty, probably because it already has data for a future date. How can I delete the data only from that future date? I already deleted the directory in C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\Monitoring Database.

future health probe

Created on Mar 12, 2014 11:36:12 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Request. Please follow these steps, to get the sensors going again:

• Stop both PRTG services (core and probe).
  • Head to your data folder (can be discerned from the Server Administrator tool, under the "Core Server" tab)
  • Delete the "PRTG Graph Data Cache.dat" file
  • Go into the "Monitoring Database"-Folder and delete any future date subfolders and also todays subfolder
  • Restart the PRTG services

best regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2014 1:07:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you so much, that helped. But now I don't have today's info anymore (of all sensors), is that correct?

Created on Mar 12, 2014 1:19:01 PM

Votes:

Yes, that unfortunately is an inevitable result.

Created on Mar 12, 2014 1:28:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have tried something out. I deleted only the file "device 40.prd" (which is the probe device) and restored the other .prd files from today. Now I have all the data of my other sensors back except for the probe device. This is exactly what I needed :)

Created on Mar 12, 2014 1:41:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.