What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ping alerts

Votes:

When a device/server does not respond to PINGs, I would like that sensor (and only that sensor) to notify us every 15 minutes. Is there a way to do this for all PING sensors in a root? I don't see a way to separate the sensor types.

ping-sensor prtg windows

Created on Mar 14, 2014 1:32:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Create a library and filter to only include the ping sensors. Include any other filters you want to limit to a group. Then apply you notification to the library. It works great, and stays current when you add devices.

Created on Mar 14, 2014 9:39:51 PM

Votes:

Ok, I was able to create a new library, drag and drop a couple of our ping sensors over and setup a new notification. This works great. However, I could not figure out the filter and dragging and dropping over 200+ items will be tedious. Can you let me know how to setup a filter?

Created on Mar 17, 2014 5:18:45 PM

Votes:

The steps to create such a filtered Library would be:

• create the Library
  • Drag over the entire device tree into the Library
  • Right click on the Library Node (under which the devices now are in the library): http://abload.de/img/libraryfilter6cu9n.png
  • In the settings of the Library Node then apply the filter to have only sensors of a certain type shown: http://abload.de/img/libraryfilter2wmuzp.png

Created on Mar 19, 2014 10:38:21 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.