What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No Such Name (SNMP error # 2)

Votes:

I added the sensor SNMP HP ProLiant System Health 9 and it gives me No Such Name (SNMP error # 2) please help in this case

hp prtg snmp

Created on Mar 17, 2014 8:56:19 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Have you set up the server with the Insight Manager software? What is the result of reading the uptime with the SNMP tester?

Created on Mar 18, 2014 11:54:54 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your fast response yes we installed the Windows server 2008 with insight manger software and for the result of SNMP tester for OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.232

Paessler SNMP Tester 5.1.2
18/Mar/14 3:21:11 PM (1 ms) : Device: 10.2.10.66
18/Mar/14 3:21:11 PM (1 ms) : SNMP V1
18/Mar/14 3:21:11 PM (2 ms) : Walk 1.3.6.1.4.1.232

Best Regards Ehab Alfred

Created on Mar 18, 2014 1:23:54 PM

Last change on Mar 19, 2014 10:35:27 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Are you able to read the device's uptime with the SNMP tester?

The results that you posted mean that the walk on that OID is not responding to the tester at all which could be the result of the Insight software on the system not connecting properly to the windows SNMP service or it could be that the SNMP service on the windows machine is not set up correctly.

You can see if the SNMP service on the windows machine is set up correctly if you can read the uptime. If you can read the uptime, then it may be that the Insight manager software isn't communicating with the windows SNMP service properly.

If it's the case where you cannot read the uptime, you should check the configuration of the SNMP service on the server.

If it's the case that the HP software isn't communicating with the SNMP service, then I would try rebooting the services for the HP insight manager software or try re-installing the software.

Created on Mar 19, 2014 10:40:41 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your effort

First I added sensor SNMP System Uptime and it is working properly

second I searched for service HP insight manager in my services and it doesn't exist so please could you help me how to install this service safely on my HP Proliant DL 380 Gen 8

and I need to install this service on my Ubuntu server for all my HP proliant DL servers

Thanks

Created on Mar 19, 2014 1:59:26 PM

Votes:

You can download the bin here There is also a document here about how to install it as well.

Created on Mar 19, 2014 2:26:26 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.