What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What does the different ID´s means?

Votes:

Hi, The ID that are under i.e. Snmp Sensor Physical Disk "Disk Status" is 6. But what does the number 6 means? Where could i find the meaning of all the ID´s for different sensors?

id sensur-status snmp

Created on Mar 19, 2014 10:52:28 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, could you please upload a screenshot showing what exactly you are referring to? Thank you.

best regards.

Created on Mar 20, 2014 9:51:29 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten, Here is a screenshot of what ill mean. Its the ID and what the different meaning of the numbers.

Image description

Best Regards

Created on Mar 20, 2014 9:58:26 AM

Votes:

The 'ID' is the Channel-ID here. So to number the different channels of this sensors.

Created on Mar 20, 2014 1:12:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So are those numbers static or does the number change if something goes wrong?

Created on Mar 20, 2014 1:34:33 PM

Votes:

A channel-ID will not change (the value / result of course may change, depending on what the sensor monitors). The Channel-ID is necessary to identify a channel of a sensor.

Created on Mar 20, 2014 1:37:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So if i would like to set an alarm with a limit, what should i use? For example the the disk status?

Created on Mar 20, 2014 2:55:57 PM

Votes:

Then you would use the "Last Value"-column, and maybe set Limits on the Channel. But it could also be that the sensor uses a lookup to go into error state.

Created on Mar 20, 2014 3:08:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.