What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Place holder Values

Votes:

Hi

I am in the process of writing an exe/script for Notifications and would need a table of reference for what possible values the placeholders can generate when called in notifications.

Example:

%state = Down, Up, Down ended (now: Warning), Down ended (now: Paused) and Down (was: Warning).

These are the ones i have found for state and there might be more.

It is somewhat painstaking to manually trigger all possible states to get the values.

Best regards

notification notification-delivery notifications

Created on Mar 20, 2014 9:32:46 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please see the following KB-Article for the list of possible placeholders: What placeholders can I use with PRTG?

best regards.

Created on Mar 20, 2014 9:42:41 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten

I already know what placeholders can be used, but my question was what possible values can the placeholders have. in my case specifically the %state or %status placeholder.

I understand that user defined settings like %comments, , %device and %commentsgroup can be whatever value the user sets.

What possible values are there for the %state or %status placeholder.

In my case i use %state as the the first parameter passed to my exe/script and all preceding actions depend on knowing what PRTG will pipe to the exe/script.

Best regards

Created on Mar 21, 2014 1:56:14 PM

Votes:

That would then be for the %status-placeholder the sensor state, similar as outlined in this KB - Article. Please understand that we cannot document each possible filling of each placeholder.

Created on Mar 21, 2014 2:14:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.