What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTPAdvancedMonitor

Votes:

Hello everyone,

I have some question about this sensor:

1. Why can't recognice the sensor, that I entered a wrong password in the authentication settings?

2. How is the using with the keywords? Is there a check, if the words in the return URL or in the return website (after successful login). How can I declare a list of keywords?

3. Does the "agent" make a logout after checking the keywords?

Best regards, Christian

http-advanced prtg sensor

Created on Mar 20, 2014 11:47:57 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post.

1. The sensor will notice a wrong password, but only when it scans. Sorry, this can't be changed.
  2. A list of keywords is not possible, sorry.
  3. The TCP-Connection will be properly closed, but usually that does not mean a logout in the sense of "clicking on a logout - button" like a user would do.

best regards.

Created on Mar 21, 2014 2:07:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you.

How does the sensor check the keywords?

I tried with parts of the URL, with different wirds of the website, with HTML-Tags and with words in the HTML sourcecode. Nothing works properly.

Created on Mar 24, 2014 7:22:14 AM

Votes:

The HTTP Advanced Sensor checks the HTML Source code for keywords. For assistance you can enable the sensors option to write the last result (and so the full received HTML code) to disk and then check this for the keywords.

Created on Mar 24, 2014 9:22:23 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for this advice.

I enabled this option. The saved HTML code is the sourcecode of the website there PRTG should be login and not the website after the login.

website A -> login -> website B

I want to login on website A to reach website B. Website B should be checked for the keywords.

Created on Mar 24, 2014 9:53:07 AM

Votes:

Please be aware that PRTG's HTTP sensors may not support all login types on website. Maybe try the HTTP Transaction Sensor, it's better for logins.

Created on Mar 25, 2014 9:28:53 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same problem with the transaction sensor.

I will give it up.

Created on Mar 25, 2014 10:17:56 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.