What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitor uplink and downlink using PRTG

Votes:

Current am using PRTG Network monitor, and am able to capture downlink usage, i would like also to capture the uplink usage on my network. Please assist me on how/which sensor will enable me to monitor both downlink usage and uplink usage of my network at same time

Am using PRTG Network Monitor 12.2.2.2211

Thanks Suleiman

netflow prtg snmp-traffic

Created on Mar 20, 2014 1:42:07 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, which exact sensor type are you already using to monitor bandwidth?

best regards.

Created on Mar 21, 2014 2:11:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I guess we have similar issue. I am using SNMP traffic sensor to my router.. I wanted to know what does it mean of this "(001) lo (003) ixp0 (004) ixp1 (006)ipsec0".

I include details below just incase you need it to resolve the issue.

Router: Linksys RV042 (Firmware Version: 1.3.12.6-tm)

Created on Apr 8, 2014 4:03:15 AM

Votes:

Seeing as we will be requiring more data on this matter, please open a Support Ticket.

Created on Apr 9, 2014 1:57:03 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.