What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

i had two services of PRTG on my server

Votes:

Dear Sir,

I had two services of prtg on my server. One was called PRTGPROBE, the other was called PRTG7PROBE. My server didn't start and wasn't sending data to my PRTG-server, also after a reboot of the server it didn't start or sended data. So I uninstalled PRTG on the remote server. Now it's uninstalled but when i see in my service console, i can still see the service PRTG7PROBE, I cannot open the service because it gives an error message "the system cannot find the file specified". Is there a way to get the service out of my service console?

Kind regards Tim Van Caubergh 4Dselect

health remote-probe service

Created on Mar 21, 2014 12:51:06 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for you KB-Post. At one point (with PRTG 8) we renamed the services, and so "PRTG7Probe Service" should have been renamed and removed with installing the update. It seems the removal was not successful here. Please try is any of the tips in the following stackoverflow - article does help: How do I uninstall a Windows service if the files does not exist anymore?

best regards

Created on Mar 24, 2014 9:47:21 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Sir

Thank you, I tried youre solution and it worked.

Kind Regards Tim Van Caubergh 4Dselect

Created on Mar 25, 2014 8:40:46 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.