What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

In IMAP Sensor, can I include the subject line of msg triggering alert?

Votes:

I am setting up Imap sensors to monitor backup status. Since each backup has it's own message that is sent to the monitoring mailbox, rather than set up 50 separate sensors, if there is a way to include the subject line of the message that triggers the alert/warning status, I could use just a single imap sensor.

Is there a way to pass the imap mail message subject line along to the warning/alert status message?

backup email imap

Created on Mar 21, 2014 3:13:39 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid while you can use the %message-Placeholder, this will only forward the last mail during the current scanning interval of a IMAP Sensor. If you need the individual mails, it would indeed be necessary to use separate sensors.

best regards.

Created on Mar 24, 2014 12:17:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.